Updated February 14, 2022
1. Information We Collect:
“Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available, deidentified, or aggregated.
We collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- When you access or use our Websites;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Websites (as described below); and
- From third parties or publicly available sources (e.g., from social media services, forums, commercially available services, referrals, etc.).
We collect the following types of personal information:
- CONTACT, IDENTIFYING & DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: Information on how to contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, mobile or other phone number, mailing address and zip code, which you may provide to us when, for example, you inquire about our company.
- USAGE INFORMATION: Our servers automatically record information when you visit or use our Websites, such as information about your Internet connection, browser, or computer/device, IP address or device ID, the third-party website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Websites, and information on how you use and interact with our Websites, such as pages or features you access and duration of your visits.
- WEBSITE ANALYTICS: We use Google Analytics to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, better understand online activity, and target advertisements. To learn how Google Analytics uses data it collects, see (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. The information collected may be used to send promotional information about our products among other things. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://optout.aboutads.info/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (https://adssettings.google.com/).
2. Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information:
How and why we use your Personal Information depends in part on how you use our services and manage privacy controls available to you. In general, we use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with the services and products you request, and to respond to inquiries, requests and comments from you;
- Operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- Communicate special offers, promotions and information about our company and service offerings to you via email, SMS text message (if you have opted in to receive text messages) or to your mailing address, if you have provided one;
- Send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions of our business partners and affiliates;
- Provide customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of our Websites;
- Understand how users access and use our Websites, how to improve the Websites and user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users’ usage of our Websites;
- Develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services; and
- Enforce our legal rights or policies.
3. Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information:
We share Personal Information as follows:
- WITHIN OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND BRANDS: We share Personal Information internally, within our brands, affiliates, and subsidiaries to promote a unified customer experience and for marketing purposes.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include creating and maintaining our Websites, managing and updating customer lists, providing analytics and site usage information; and providing other services related to the operation of our business. In some instances, these third parties, contractors, consultants and other parties require Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf.
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND THIRD PARTY APPS: We may share information with social networks when you interact with our Websites (e.g., clicking a Facebook “like” button) or connect your social media accounts to our Websites. If you elect to connect third party applications to our Websites, your information may also be shared with these third parties. Please see below for more information on this, as we do not control these third parties or their privacy practices.
- LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND PROTECTION: We may disclose any Personal Information if we determine doing so is necessary to: comply with our obligations or in connection with any legal process, investigation, or governmental request; or to enforce or agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Pete’s, its affiliates, our users, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, as well as providing information to law enforcement, governmental authorities, our attorneys, professional advisors, and insurers.
- CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS: In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale of Pete’s or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries or our/their assets, we may transfer any and all Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
- AGGREGATED INFORMATION: We may share aggregated statistical data with partners that includes your demographic or other information but does not identify you. We reserve the right to provide any and all such aggregated and de-identified data to third parties.
4. What Choices Do You Have About Our Collection and Use of Your Information?
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: If you want to update or correct your Personal Information, or wish for it to be deleted, please contact us by phone at 805-684-4146 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS: Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Our Websites do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
5. Third-Party Sites and Apps:
While our Websites may contain links to other sites, products or services, please note that when you click on one of these links, you are clicking away from our Websites and accessing a third party’s website, third party application (“Third Party Apps”) or other digital property. In addition, certain features of our Websites may enable you to connect our Websites to, or otherwise share your information with, Third Party Apps. Please understand that these third parties may collect information about you which will be used under their privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third parties, as their practices may differ from ours.
6. Information Security
We have implemented appropriate and commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to, use of, and disclosure of, your personal information. However, there is no perfect security, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Please do your part to help keep your personal information secure by reporting suspected unauthorized activity to us immediately.
7. Use of Websites by Children:
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us.
How To Contact Pete’s:
By U.S. Mail at:
PO Box 1327
Carpinteria, CA 93014
By telephone at: 805-684-4146
By email at: email@example.com