Food Safety & QA Coordinator – Hollandia Produce/ Pete’s
Hollandia Produce is the West Coast’s leading producer of premium quality, hydroponically grown leafy vegetables, grown in state of the art greenhouses. Our goal is to provide America’s innovative produce merchandisers with a year-round supply of top of the line, value added greenhouse vegetables.
Job Summary: Our rapidly expanding company is ready to increase our team with an enthusiastic Food Safety & QA Coordinator to develop and oversee all of the food safety regulations, policies, and procedures. The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, SQF, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
If you thrive in a challenging, high performing and fast growing company, then we are ready for you to join our team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns
- Conduct facility food safety audits as well as manage third party audits
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards
- Maintaining and managing the food safety security plan
- Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements
- Assist buyers with training and educating potential suppliers to ensure compliance
- Work closely with Production Manager on any food safety or quality assurance issues
- Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requirements
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Oversee all functions of QA and QC
- A minimum of 1-3 years of food safety experience, with experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred
- Knowledgeable in QA and QC
- Experience with FSMA
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and GAP’s
- Previous experience with SQF, Primus, BRC and/or USDA audits desirable
- PCA experience or certification a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
- Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing
- Must be flexible with work hours and days
Detail oriented, and possesses strong computer skills, including MS Office and Excel
Salary is DOE.
Maintenance Techs for Carp. – Hollandia Produce/ Pete’s
Pete’s is the California-based, employee-owned and operated leader in hydroponically grown living greens, using up to 85% less water and 70% less land than traditional growers. Best known for its line of Living Butter Lettuce, Pete’s offers consumers the highest quality produce possible with their roots still intact, allowing consumers to enjoy long-lasting farm-fresh flavor right from the store.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs the property and equipment at Hollandia Produce. Performs and provides assistance in the installation, adjustment, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, machines, and buildings. Executes various projects while creating minimal interference with production departments and processes. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Observes safety protocols and if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions when performing tasks.
- Performs maintenance tasks to ensure maximum machinery and equipment uptime.
- Documents all preventive maintenance (PM), corrective maintenance (CM), and other maintenance tasks performed by him/her.
- Communicates with the Maintenance Supervisor regarding equipment and job status and previous, ongoing, and future repairs and improvements.
- Collaborates with outside contractors while they are working in the facilities.
- Performs minor repairs to building fixtures, performs minor plumbing repairs, cleans electrical fixtures and replaces bulbs, and performs touch up painting.
- Disassembles broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair; reassembles equipment when repairs are complete.
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from workstations and other areas.
- Adjusts, connects, or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools.
- Applies protective materials to equipment, components, and parts in order to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Assembles and maintain physical structures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Cleans or lubricates vehicles, machinery, equipment, components and parts to prevent defects, and to ensure proper functioning.
- Installs or replaces machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand tools or power tools.
- Searches for, and reports to supervisor, any machinery, equipment, building and facility improvements while performing maintenance on them.
- Keeps equipment and work area safe, clean and orderly.
- Performs all tasks with minimal interference with production department processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum one year work experience in maintenance and tool operating
- Possession of a valid operator license for any equipment to be used
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English or Spanish
- Experience with electrical, construction, plumbing and HVAC is a plus