Maintenance Techs for Carp. – Hollandia Produce/ Pete’s
Pete’s is the California-based, employee-owned and operated leader in hydroponically grown living greens, using up to 85% less water and 70% less land than traditional growers. Best known for its line of Living Butter Lettuce, Pete’s offers consumers the highest quality produce possible with their roots still intact, allowing consumers to enjoy long-lasting farm-fresh flavor right from the store.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs the property and equipment at Hollandia Produce. Performs and provides assistance in the installation, adjustment, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, machines, and buildings. Executes various projects while creating minimal interference with production departments and processes. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Observes safety protocols and if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions when performing tasks.
- Performs maintenance tasks to ensure maximum machinery and equipment uptime.
- Documents all preventive maintenance (PM), corrective maintenance (CM), and other maintenance tasks performed by him/her.
- Communicates with the Maintenance Supervisor regarding equipment and job status and previous, ongoing, and future repairs and improvements.
- Collaborates with outside contractors while they are working in the facilities.
- Performs minor repairs to building fixtures, performs minor plumbing repairs, cleans electrical fixtures and replaces bulbs, and performs touch up painting.
- Disassembles broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair; reassembles equipment when repairs are complete.
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from workstations and other areas.
- Adjusts, connects, or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools.
- Applies protective materials to equipment, components, and parts in order to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Assembles and maintain physical structures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Cleans or lubricates vehicles, machinery, equipment, components and parts to prevent defects, and to ensure proper functioning.
- Installs or replaces machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand tools or power tools.
- Searches for, and reports to supervisor, any machinery, equipment, building and facility improvements while performing maintenance on them.
- Keeps equipment and work area safe, clean and orderly.
- Performs all tasks with minimal interference with production department processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum one year work experience in maintenance and tool operating
- Possession of a valid operator license for any equipment to be used
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English or Spanish
- Experience with electrical, construction, plumbing and HVAC is a plus